Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have come to Sri Lanka for almost 40 years and lost count how many times I have visited this beautiful island. On one of our trips I met Mark while in a National Park (Kulu Safari). Already then, he was very passionate and knowledgeable as our guide in Udawalawe National Park. When I heard he was doing these city walks in Colombo, I knew I had to take this opportunity and discover parts of Colombo that I have never been to before. And I was not disappointed! Mark and his charming wife Ruvi took us on a trip back in time to the old parts of Colombo, showing us hidden gems, where I’m sure most Sri Lankans have never been to! I was amazed to see different parts of the old Fort (i.e. old Cargills, where I remember we used to shop many many years ago…) and of course bustling Pettha was an experience of its own… If you want to really see what Colombo is like take a walk with Mark and you will experience this city from a non-touristic angle. Mark will tell you a story about almost every building in the area, its history and he is very concerned that all these gems are preserved. So you are not only going to have lots of fun and learn a lot about Colombo and the Sri Lankan history, you will also support Mark and Ruvi in their efforts to preserve these precious old colonial houses and hidden treasures of Colombo! A cup of tea with a piece of cake in between, as well as a drink at the end will keep you going Don’t miss this walk!

Comments

Popular Posts